People...
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  19:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Did you know you can even donate a measly $0.50?

Of course, I'm only addressing those folks who really enjoy using S+.

I SLAVE away at the computer for HOURS on end, just for YOU!

Of course, I kinda screwed myself by throwing in everything but the kitchen sink...can't even extort peeps by dangling "PRO" features available for purchase (good idea, Jeff!).

Cerberus

Netherlands
86 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  17:13:22  Show Profile  Visit Cerberus's Homepage
I encourage everyone to donate who likes the program. I personally get far more satisfaction out of donating for freeware than paying for something I have to pay for.

Edited by - Cerberus on 02/20/2012 17:14:51
Go to Top of Page

skurdifur

Iceland
12 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  06:56:41  Show Profile
I concur!
As an StrokeIt user for many years, I have switched to this application because of itīs user friendliness, active updates and fast responds to requested features!

Hopefully this application will go viral!?
Go to Top of Page

Cerberus

Netherlands
86 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  07:04:44  Show Profile  Visit Cerberus's Homepage
Yeah! It was mentioned on Freewaregenius two days ago: that might attract some new users.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  19:38:56  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Already 0.03% to goal!

Yep, I've calculated that I spent (in time) about $25,000 developing S+ and with $83 in donations, I've just about made it all back!

I'm just giving you all a hard time =) I've had a few beers and am feeling a little goofy at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Kingron

39 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  11:01:07  Show Profile
Hi Rob,

When we search keywords "mouse gestures" in Google, S+ doesn't list at top 10 pages!

We should make some SEO to let the google list S+ site on the top 1 page for keywords "mouse gestures".

And I think we should write some article to recommend S+ on other site or magazine.

It's really good software for geeks, but not for normal users. so if we have enough users, and they share their scripts, then it will be better.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  12:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Mark Wilson just posted a pretty nice write-up about S+ on appstorm:

http://windows.appstorm.net/how-to/how-to-add-gesture-support-to-windows-with-strokesplus/

There are several other articles that folks have written, but it takes time to work up in the rankings, also depends on what you search for. For example, "free mouse gestures" has S+ at the 7th position on Google (as of this post). I've slowly watched S+ rise in the rankings, after all, the site has only been up for 4 months, I'm sure time is factored into Google's algorithms.
Go to Top of Page

Cerberus

Netherlands
86 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  23:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Cerberus's Homepage
Someone deleted the list of applications from the Mouse Gesture article on Wikipedia. But this was controversial, so I put it back in, and nobody has objected for the past couple of weeks.

Edited by - Cerberus on 05/05/2012 00:06:12
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  00:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Ah! That was you?! I saw that, then noticed I was getting Wikipedia traffic again. LOL. Good work.
Go to Top of Page

Cerberus

Netherlands
86 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  00:05:34  Show Profile  Visit Cerberus's Homepage
Yup, it was the second time I had to add the list back in over the past year or so. Wikipedia has a problem with external links, because they can be used to advertise. And I can understand that. But this list was hugely helpful (I used it to find Stroke It long ago, and test other programmes), so it would be a loss to the Internet to simply destroy the list, as some contributor wanted (he actually did so). But fortunately there were enough other people who felt that the list should be edited rather than deleted.

Edited by - Cerberus on 05/05/2012 00:07:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000