Closed or Deferred Requests
 [DEFERRED] chg. cursor when gesture is drawn
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  09:01:50  Show Profile
This is the other solution - and I do think it's the best one and pretty valid - for the gesture drawing problems and slowdowns. We would need to completely change our philosophy:

FK the gesture display; the user already knows anyway what he wants to draw and pretty much feels if the gesture has been ok or not. But let's give him an indication that the drawing of the gesture is going on and that the gesture has been sucessfully accepted by the S+ program.
So I propose to change the mouse cursor when the RMB is held and keep it changed (or even animated, could be nice) until the RMB is depressed. Then change the cursor for 1/4 of second to notify user that the gesture has been accepted or not. Whad'ya think?

Current fav pr0nstar: Malena Morgan
http://www.artlk.com/2012/04/malena-morgan-sensational-pictures.html

Edited by - beholder on 05/04/2012 09:02:20

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  09:31:59  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That's actually a damn good idea right there =) I'll definitely look into that.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  10:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'm also toying with the idea of a 128x128 transparent window that sticks to the mouse while drawing, displaying the scaled gesture that's been drawn so far. Like a little preview window so you can see what you're drawing but shouldn't affect performance much at all (someone had mentioned this in a different way before). Though, the constant interpolating and scaling of the point array to render the line may impact performance. I may be able to figure out a better way to handle that. Either way, I like the idea.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000