Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  22:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Added in 2.0.0:

Added check box in Ignored window that instructs S+ to disable itself completely (unhook mouse/keyboard) if the application becomes the active window at any point in time. Once disabled via this method, you must manually reenable S+ via single left-clicking the tray icon, right-clicking the tray icon and unchecking Disable StrokesPlus, or via the hotkey SHIFT+CTRL+WIN+Z.

The main purpose of this feature is because I play EverQuest II and I want S+ completely out of the way when I'm playing, simply ignoring the window means S+ still checks all ignored windows every time I press the right mouse, which I do all the time in-game and I don't want the extra processing to occur..but sometimes I forget to disable S+ before I go in the game; this feature resolves that!

Note that there's no reasonably deterministic method to reenable S+ after being disabled via this method. Meaning, S+ could disable itself by detecting the game gained focus, but what if I already disabled S+ before opening the game, how would S+ know to when to reenable?

Basically, this is just a difficult task of state management that isn't worth the time for this rarely used feature.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  22:15:08  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Note that this functionality doesn't cause S+ to continually scan windows, I found out about the WinEventHook callback, so S+ receives a notification when an application becomes the foreground window, then S+ checks the ignored apps just like it does when you press the stroke button; so it's very minimal overhead.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd373640.aspx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000