[DEFERRED] 2 fingers for touchscreen
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

margas

Italy
14 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:22:19  Show Profile
I have an acer w500 with windows 8. I use strokesplus and it works good, but obviously I can't use modifiers (there isen't the keyboard) with left click, so I must use the right click, holding 2 second with my finger on the screen.
does is possible adding a function, usefull for tablets, that allows to use 2 fingers for drawing gestures?
sorry for my bad english

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:27:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Unfortunately, S+ was written using mouse hooks. At some point, I will need to update or create a separate version which accepts touch messages.

Clearly, this is something that is becoming more common as we move into a touch world, but it can't be simply added to S+ in its current state. However, it is something that I will be working towards.

I'm moving this to the closed forum as it doesn't really fit into a request, rather a new version of S+ entirely; I'm not dismissing your request
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:38:47  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Although, it certainly gives me a justification to get a Win8 touchscreen device
Go to Top of Page

margas

Italy
14 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:45:53  Show Profile
ahah. sure, windows 8 tablet is great, but strokesplus let me use it much faster. thanks for your work, I wait for a strokesplus touch version
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  08:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Also, have you tried any of the tips in this thread:

http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=236

Basically, it involves using the left click and cancel timeout and unchecking Reset Cancel Delay in Preferences..not sure if it helps.
Go to Top of Page

margas

Italy
14 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  09:05:49  Show Profile
mmmh, maybe it works. I've set cancel delay at 500ms, and gestures with left click. so when I simply move my finger it draws gesture, and waiting 0,5 sec cancel it. seems to be ok, but when I use browser and I go UP, it doesn't works gestures, instead it scrolls. so, when I use some software with text, I cannot use vertical gestures.
However is a good alternative, but I think 2 fingers will be the best

p.s.: really do you understand what I'm writing? my english is not very good
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  09:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That is likely because the browser is accepting the touch messages which is probably preventing a mouse message from being generated. I agree, a touch version would be best...but it's also a massive effort which will be a while down the road.

Yes, I understand you perfectly!
Go to Top of Page

margas

Italy
14 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  09:17:03  Show Profile
oh good :)
maybe you could add a function that looks the speed of the moving cursor. so if I move fast it draw gesture and if I move normal no. this doesn't solves the browser problem but it could be an usefull function, I think
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  09:20:16  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'll think about that and see if I can come up with something that doesn't interfere or add overhead to the current operation.
Go to Top of Page

margas

Italy
14 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  09:20:59  Show Profile
ops, with left click and delay options doesn't work double click, so I can't open folders.

edit: mmmh, with triple click it works, very strange...

Edited by - margas on 11/10/2012 09:23:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000