wheel mouse without modifier
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

plunt

Italy
88 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  10:17:06  Show Profile
I would to increment and decrement volume with wheel mouse when the acGetMouseLocationX() < 5 but without use the left click modifier. Do it is possible?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  10:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
The stroke button must be pressed for S+ to recognize any mouse wheel events; otherwise it would interfere with normal operation (based on the purpose of S+).

I'm guessing that's what you mean, to simply be able to move to mouse to < 5 and roll the wheel without pressing anything else.
Go to Top of Page

breakcore

Russia
74 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  11:16:35  Show Profile
At first I thought this is a good idea, but then realized that this would require to capture and process all wheel events - not good.
Anyway I have another question raised -is it possible to process global actions along with app actions? for example if i have (mouse_wheel+mod.button) in global actions set to run script if acGetMouseLocationX()<5 and same in app actions to run script if acGetMouseLocationX()>5
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  14:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Unfortunately not since the first match fires the script and exits; the code is rather complicated and that's simply not even close to be able to do.

However, that might be something where you could define function(s) in Global Lua which are called by the global and app's action. The app would have it's own script, and then calls the function if x<5. Of course, that's not terribly different than just copying the script..but it is what it is. The sp_before_action and sp_after_action functions may also be something you could use.

In the end, there's no way to have them both run as when you think about it for different scenarios, it goes against the point of having separate apps and global actions.

Of course, you could delete the app's action and have the check within the global action. Meaning, the global action fires and checks to see if the desired app is under the mouse, if so it also does what you originally had as the app action. Does that make sense? You're essentially defining the app within the global action.
Go to Top of Page

breakcore

Russia
74 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  15:25:09  Show Profile
thanks!!!
functions will do it. Also I've never considered sp_before_action and sp_after_action before, good to know.
Go to Top of Page

control_freak

51 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  17:38:58  Show Profile
hey will it be possible to send volup or voldown command when my cursor is on taskbar?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  19:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
control_freak: You may want to check out WinSpy: http://www.catch22.net/software/winspy-17

It will help you find window class names, etc. It will probably be very insightful in helping you to create the scripts you're looking for!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000