Closed or Unreproducable Bugs
 [CLOSED] S+ is goes to sleep
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zosix

8 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  13:49:11  Show Profile
maybe S+ is a bit tired with all the work i put it through. it works ok when i start the computer, then stops after few minutes. it is still active in the systray and all seems fine in the program.. the gestures just don't get done (can't even see the trails).

if i switch S+ off and on again it works again for a little while and then goes back to sleep. haven't been able to track down a 'why pattern' - it worked before the last update (9.1.13) - but didn't anymore when i reinstalled the older one... anyway i'll keep my eyes open and report if i notice the gremlin....

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  13:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Hmm, the only time I've seen anything like that is when S+ was started via a scheduled task (which can throttle/kill activity) or with a power management setting/utility.

Other possibilities...Umm, maybe something else is hooking the mouse/keyboard? Something is messed up in a script/Global Lua code which is causing the code to never finish running, leaving S+ in a hung state?

Either way, it's very weird. However, there's nothing in the code which would put S+ to sleep =) It sounds like it's no longer hooked or something. If you tap the ignore key while it's in this state, does the tray icon change to disabled? If you right-click drag (assuming right is your stroke button) a file in Explorer while S+ is "sleeping", is there any delay or do the files immediately appear attached to the mouse cursor, ready to drag?

If the tray icon doesn't toggle the disabled icon when pressing the control key or the dragging of files shows attached to the cursor right away, S+ is not hooking the mouse/keyboard events. As to why, I'm not sure. It would seem that something has changed on your system, especially since the older version exhibits the same behavior.

Try deleting an data for StrokesPlus.exe in the registry here:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compability Assistant\Store

...and run the older version.

I'll let you know if there's anything else I can think of to try.
Go to Top of Page

zosix

8 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  16:38:59  Show Profile
Rob, thanks for the quick reply - yes, there is a delay when dragging the files - which fits with the amount in the preferences ' cancel delay' - and the icon does get disabled/enabled. to all effects it looks as if it's working fine..

i am trying killing and checking all the processes and hoping to find whether there is a conflicting app somewhere since my windows is quite customised (as it should be!).

EDIT - I GOT IT! the gremlin is a program called volume2 which i use to control the soundcard with.. the latest version must have messed it up!

going to see to it now...man am i glad...

Thank again Rob, S+ is too good to miss

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  16:40:11  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Glad you found it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: