Resolved Bugs and Issues
 [RESOLVED] Ignored Windows
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ramon

4 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  08:11:20  Show Profile
I switched from strokeit to strokesplus.
Strokeit gives too many problems in windows 8.

About strokesplus:
I was not enable to use the ignored windows actions.
Whatever I inserted, strokesplus didn't disable strokesplus in these applications.
What did I wrong?
(the rules are active)

A few more questions:
- I've read that strokesplus is not written in unicode.
(btw Strokeit is unicode?) What does that mean? What doesn't work using strokesplus?
- Does strokesplus run with admin rights or strokesplus doesn't need admin rights?
What is the difference between signed version and unsigned version?

I use the signed version, on win8.

Edited by - ramon on 01/21/2013 08:12:03

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  08:29:49  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You'll need to let me know exactly what you put in what fields and what the intended ignored application is.

- StrokesPlus not being compiled in Unicode affects languages with complex characters. For example, there was a user who can't match on a "Save As" window when the Windows language is set to Greek, as the characters are non-Latin and the code doesn't understand them.

- S+ can run with or without admin rights. If you run the signed version of S+ from under Program Files\(something), S+ has trusted status, which means it is allowed to interact with programs which are running as admin as well as interact with the Windows 8 screens like Start, task switcher, etc. The unsigned version does not grant you the trusted status and is generally meant for 1) those running Windows XP, 2) those who have UAC disabled in Windows, or 3) those who wish to run S+ in a portable style (no installation/modification to the computer, only affects the files in its own directory). S+ doesn't actually do anything outside of its directory anyway, other than what the installer does, which includes installing the certificate.
Go to Top of Page

ramon

4 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  11:34:04  Show Profile
Hi Rob,

I have 3 applications in the ignored window:

Taskbar (was already inserted installing strokesplus)
Total Commander
Vim

I can use strokesplus still in all 3 applications.

Ramon

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  11:41:48  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Are you referring to the main taskbar, or one on another monitor? I notice that the default works on my primary taskbar (I'm running Windows 8), but S+ draws on the taskbar on my other monitor.

And by "You'll need to let me know exactly what you put in what fields and what the intended ignored application is.", I mean what do you have in the actual fields for the ignored app definition, like File Name, Window Title, etc. You can always send me a copy of your StrokesPlus.xml file to: rob at strokesplus and I can take a look.

However, the fact that the taskbar isn't being ignored is very suspicious. I've installed Total Commander and created an ignored entry for it (using only File Name of "TOTALCMD64.EXE") and it is ignored when I press the stroke button.

I'm not sure what is different on your system; if you can send your StrokesPlus.xml file, I may have better luck.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  11:46:34  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
For those who have Windows 8 with taskbars on each monitor, clearing out the Owner Class Name field and putting this in the Owner Class Name Pattern field works for me:

Shell_.*TrayWnd
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  13:22:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
This was resolved via email. Basically, there were too many qualifiers supplied, so the ignore matches were extremely specific.

When using the Find Window crosshair, note that S+ is populating as many qualifying fields as possible, but most of the time, you'll want to clear out unnecessarily restrictive ones (like leave just File Name).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000