Completed Requests
 [BETA] Add a Middle Button Down Event
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

junhanzhang

4 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  09:11:40  Show Profile
I want to use strokesplus instead of strokeit, but only one thing that I care about, is that strokeit has a middle button down event and a middle button up event. But strokesplus only has middle button event. And I want to active the action by not releasing the right button. For example, I set wheel up and down to switch the tab, then if I want to close the tab, I just click the middle button.I don't have to release the right button then I can go on wheel up and down to switch the tabs. Thanks! BTW I am a Chinese user :)

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  09:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'll look into this. In terms of simplicity, I'm imagining this as a function in Global Lua [maybe sp_middle_mouse_down()]. This would mean that the function would be called anytime you press the middle mouse button (except on ignored windows).

So it would be a global type of function, however, if you wanted, you could certainly build out logic so different things happened depending on the window the mouse was over when the middle-click occurred. Anything beyond the functionality I described above would require a much larger effort.
Go to Top of Page

junhanzhang

4 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  11:10:51  Show Profile
Looking forward to it!Could you tell me in which version will you probably add this function#65311;
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

I'll look into this. In terms of simplicity, I'm imagining this as a function in Global Lua [maybe sp_middle_mouse_down()]. This would mean that the function would be called anytime you press the middle mouse button (except on ignored windows).

So it would be a global type of function, however, if you wanted, you could certainly build out logic so different things happened depending on the window the mouse was over when the middle-click occurred. Anything beyond the functionality I described above would require a much larger effort.

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  18:43:17  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
What OS/Platform are you using? I'll build a version for you to test out.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  21:41:09  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Included this functionality in 2.7.3 (Beta). Create this function in Global Lua:
function sp_middle_mouse_down()
	  --do something here
end

And enable the Allow Middle Click Script* option in preferences.

Go to Top of Page

junhanzhang

4 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  09:30:34  Show Profile
Could you please add more press down and up event?Such as sp_left_mouse_down() etc.Because when I wheel up and down to switch the browser's tabs, I can press down the left button to refresh the website(a F5 action),and I don't have to release the right button then click it again and click left button to refresh.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Included this functionality in 2.7.3 (Beta). Create this function in Global Lua:
function sp_middle_mouse_down()
	  --do something here
end

And enable the Allow Middle Click Script* option in preferences.

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  09:37:53  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
The problem is, each of these options adds a check in the mouse hook. So I don't want to keep adding edge case code and options which have a negative effect on everyone.

Every single mouse action passes through the S+ mouse hook, so every new option adds another logic check. Over time, all of these checks add up and can start to cause delays.

I'll think about how to reduce that footprint, maybe an option which comprises of a single option, then inside that can be other options like left, etc. That way people who do not want the functionality won't be affected by all the extra checks.
Go to Top of Page

junhanzhang

4 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  10:47:51  Show Profile
I think it would be better if you redesign S+ Mouse/Key Modifiers option, like Strokeit divide a button click action into two(excuse me,my English is very poor).However if it cost you a lot of time then never mind.(BTW it seems that if I set up a new gesture in new version, the program is not responding. I don't know if you had this problem)
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

The problem is, each of these options adds a check in the mouse hook. So I don't want to keep adding edge case code and options which have a negative effect on everyone.

Every single mouse action passes through the S+ mouse hook, so every new option adds another logic check. Over time, all of these checks add up and can start to cause delays.

I'll think about how to reduce that footprint, maybe an option which comprises of a single option, then inside that can be other options like left, etc. That way people who do not want the functionality won't be affected by all the extra checks.

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  19:53:06  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yeah, I'm not redesigning StrokesPlus, there's a reason for the way it's designed. Some may prefer StrokeIt's design better, but not me...which means S+ stays the way it is regarding mouse and modifier functionality.

I've fixed the bug in 2.7.3.1, shouldn't freeze up on you anymore.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000