Completed Requests
 [COMPLETE] Hotkeys: mouse buttons as keys
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zeph

5 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  01:39:37  Show Profile
Essentially I'd like to be able to handle the 4th and 5th button clicks. It would be great to have the mouse buttons available as modifiers and have 'key' be optional. The hotkey would get triggered by the first keyup in the combination.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  18:41:27  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'm not sure that I'm following you, would you mind elaborating? Meaning, provide verbose and specific examples of how you envision this working so I can see if/how it would fit into the existing code.
Go to Top of Page

Zeph

5 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  00:45:46  Show Profile
There are actually two parts to this request.

1. Handle 4th and 5th mouse button clicks. Presently I'm using x-mouse to translate the middle button click to send 'Enter', the 4th button to switch applications and the 5th button to switch tabs. I would like to be able to do this directly in S+ and not have to use x-mouse.

I would also like to be able to assign this for specific apps. Given your response to my other request - about hotkeys being global - it might be more appropriate to think of these as S+ actions.

2. I would like to be able to use combinations like (again with ability to assign to apps)
Ctrl-X1Button
Ctrl-Shift-X1Button
Ctrl-X1Button-A

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  17:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
There have been a few requests for things which are beyond the original scope of S+.

I need to bundle them all under a single preference to avoid adding more and more logic checks to the mouse/keyboard hooks.

I'm leaving this open, though it's a little complicated and will take a while before I get around to it.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  19:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Added an option in 2.8.0 to fire a Global Lua function on X1 or X2 mouse down, works like the middle click feature added a few versions back.

I haven't tested it out that much, so let me know if it works for you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000