New user issues: opera,total commander,voluemouse
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

quidam

1 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  17:45:20  Show Profile
Hi!

I'm very new to strokeplus. Didn't even read through all options but I'm too impatient so I'll ask here instead of figuring stuff myself.

1. I'm avid Opera 12.x user. As you may know it has its own mouse gestures. I can disable them and restore most of them in strokeplus exept one.

The one i have troubles is action for back/forward that works like this: Hold right mouse button and click left mouse button - and it goes to previous webpage. Click the left mouse button few times while holding down right mouse button goes even further in web history. Reveres works for going forward: hold left mouse button and press right one one or more times.

I got used to this way of navigating I really don't want to switch to standard left/right gesture. It's less convenient. So is there any way to program such gesture in StrokePlus?

2. Volumemouse is tiny program Im using to control system volume with scroll wheel when mouse pointer is at the screen edges. Is this doable in SP?

3. In total commander you can check multiple files while holding right mouse button. I guess there is no way around this and can't keep this behavour unless i disable make an exeption and disable SP?

My main purpose for using SP is quick way to minimize/maximize/restore windows. Id really love to have this feature toghether with 1., 2., 3. And issue no. 1 is my priority, I can live without 2. and 3.

Also i have remembered no. 4 as Im writing this:
There is program KatMouse to help scroll the window which the mouse pointer is currently over, no mater if its active or in the background. Is this feature somehow build in StrokePluse because I didn't notice it anywhere at first glance.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my noobish bothering.

Edited by - quidam on 10/20/2013 17:48:24

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  09:07:33  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
1. You can get pretty close, but not 100%. I added basic rocker support a while back, however it doesn't work where you can keep clicking the opposite button (while holding the other); you'd have to release and repeat for multiple navigation events. But it does allow you to have left-then-right navigate one way and right-then-left go the other.

2. Not without activating a gesture first. Meaning, you could define an action pair which uses the mouse wheel to scroll up and down to change volume (while holding the stroke button down). But you couldn't simply move the mouse to the edge of the screen and have the mouse position alone enter the sequence.

3. I can't really think of a perfectly graceful way of doing so. acDisableNext() would only work for the first right-click, acDisable() would require you to click the tray icon when you're done to re-activate S+, acDisableCapture()/acEnableCapture() would only work if you called acDisableCapture() then started a timer to fire acEnableCapture(), but you'd have to either give yourself plenty of time, or popup a message box to ask if you need more time (or simply let the message box sit there until you're done, then click OK which calls acEnableCapture()). Or make a hotkey, but at that point you're reaching for the keyboard and may as well just hold the CTRL key to select multiple files. Like I said, no perfect way I can think of. In Windows Explorer there's an option to allow selecting multiple files via check boxes next to the file name (which is what I do), but I'm not familiar with Total Commander.

4. In Preferences, the option Enable Mouse Wheel Relay turns on a feature which is pretty similar, but it may or may not be as advanced as KatMouse. Meaning, it simply will relay the mouse wheel message to the control below the cursor, but in some programs, the message doesn't bubble up properly to the mouse handler within the application. So give it a try and see if it works well enough for you; I use it all of the time and don't seem to run into many issues.
Go to Top of Page

dantist

5 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  10:33:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob
however it doesn't work where you can keep clicking the opposite button (while holding the other); you'd have to release and repeat for multiple navigation events.

Any update on this? I used rocker gestures a lot with Opera and would love to see this for other applications as well.

Holding the left mouse button and clicking the right button multiple times works fine, but the more important back-gesture with holding the right mouse button while clicking left multiple times doesn't. Maybe some Lua-magic could do the trick?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  10:07:13  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That's a somewhat complicated update given the core of how S+ operates.

However, you could use a combination of creating a gesture which recognizes the right-down and left click (as normal operation). But also leverage the Allow Left Click Script* and Allow After Release Script* options in Preferences and their corresponding function put in the Global Lua tab to simulate the functionality.

It will be a little complicated to orchestrate all three areas to work in unison, but I believe it should be possible.

I don't have the time at the moment to look into it, but I will try to set up the necessary scripts and test it out in the next week or so.
Go to Top of Page

dantist

5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  09:35:10  Show Profile
That would really be awesome, looking forward to testing your solution.

But rocker gestures working or not, StrokesPlus is an awesome tool. Will make a donation soon :)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2014 :  16:26:10  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Bah, I was wrong. The Left Click Script code does not execute while the stroke button is being held down; which makes sense from an overall interoperability standpoint since Left click can be a modifier to a gesture.

In the end, this really comes down to S+ not being architected for true rocker functionality. The only way I can think to make this work in a way which doesn't break S+ is to have an option which fires the script on modifier press. However, that would mean you can never have more than one modifier per action. That may be acceptable for a lot of people, but personally I have many actions which use more than one. However, being optional would allow those who wish to utilize this type of functionality the option.

I'll try to work on that when I get some time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000