General Discussion
 can't run strokes plus in standard act. win 8.1
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beach

2 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  17:14:34  Show Profile
I've installed Strokesplus 64 bit under my Admin. act. in win 8.1. works fine. The file actionhelp.xml is installed in c:\users\beach\appdata\roaming\strokesplus.

When I try to run Strokesplus in my standard act., I receive the message:

"failed to load/parse actionhelp.xml Try replacing the file with a copy from the portable strokes Plus zip download"

I did replace the actionhelp.xml file in the path described above with the actionhelp.xml file in the signed portable 64 bit zipfile, once unzipped, to no avail; I'm receiving the same message.

So while I can run StrokesPlus under my Admin. act., I cannot under my Standard account.

Any ideas? Beach

beach

2 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  22:25:59  Show Profile
Following up on my earlier post, I have solved the immediate problem, by copying all 3 user files (strokesplus.xml, strokesplus.lua and actionshelp.xml) (I don't have a language.xml file) from my admin. account folder (c:\users\admin\appdata\roaming\strokesplus) to my standard account folder (c:\users\beach\appdata\roaming\strokesplus).

Now I can run StrokesPlus from my Standard Account.

What worries me is what happens when I add a gesture to StrokesPlus when I'm in my Standard Account. That gesture will probably not work when I'm running StrokesPlus in my Admin. Account, unless I copy my user files over from my Standard Account, a tedious process that requires manual sync'ing. Or the other way around (I create a gesture in StrokesPlus running in my Admin. account; will it automatically work when I run StrokesPlus in my Standard account?)

Logic would dictate no sync'ing is necessary to use the same StrokesPlus program in both the Admin. Account and the Standard Account.

Does each account have its own user files? Beach
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  22:28:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Check out this post to instruct S+ where your config file is located:

http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/347
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly