Mouse wheel scroll not working in reader/word
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  07:24:55  Show Profile
Hey Rob,

I am trying to emulate ctrl+wheel up (scroll up). acSendKeys("^{PLUS}") does work only on browsers but not in adobe reader and MCSFT WORD 2010!!!

I went through the other posts http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/416/ but for some reason the MK_CONTROL is not recognised i guess. Because when i execute the below gesture the page scrolls up but doesnt zoom in , adobe reader or word . Please Help.

This seem to be wroking in EXCEL and CHROME ONLY, but even then it does not zoom to the cursor location but zooms to the top left corner.

Regards,
AMar

Edited by - chandisciple on 09/05/2014 07:43:04

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  22:02:32  Show Profile
Hello Rob,

Sorry to hear your announcement today. I have been an immense fan of strokesplus and thank you for this program

I hate to disturb you seriously but I have only one need in this program, that i am not able to configure as i have posted here http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/932/

Can you please take a moment to go through it and help me what i am doing wrong ? this will save a lot of time for me . PLEASE.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  22:03:42  Show Profile
and this is what i have configured,

--Control + Scroll Up
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WHEEL_POS+MK_CONTROL, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)

--Control + Scroll Down
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WHEEL_NEG+MK_CONTROL, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  09:26:04  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'll take a look sometime in the next week and see if there's anything I can come up with.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2014 :  21:04:33  Show Profile
Thanks Rob.

Please let us know if you can have alook at this this week.

Make it a great day !
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  21:57:48  Show Profile
Hello Rob,

Hate to disturb you with this age old issue that i have but can you PLEASE spend a moment on this and drive your magic ???
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  22:41:21  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You try these? They work for me in Word 2013:
Control + Scroll Up
--Control + Scroll Up
local MK_CONTROL = 0x08
local WM_MOUSEWHEEL = 0x20A
local WHEEL_POS = 0x00780000 
local WHEEL_NEG = 0xff880000

acSendControlDown()
acDelay(5)
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WHEEL_POS+MK_CONTROL, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)
acDelay(5)
acSendControlUp()

Control + Scroll Down
local MK_CONTROL = 0x08
local WM_MOUSEWHEEL = 0x20A
local WHEEL_POS = 0x00780000 
local WHEEL_NEG = 0xff880000

--Control + Scroll Down
acSendControlDown()
acDelay(5)
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WHEEL_NEG+MK_CONTROL, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)
acDelay(5)
acSendControlUp()
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  23:19:37  Show Profile
Yes I did !

That is what i am actually using which works on most of the application but not on word2010 or any version of adobe reader :(
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  05:51:58  Show Profile
I even tried changing the protected mode on and off for adobe reader. is there somthing interfering between strokeit and adobe reader.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  08:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Honestly, when you get to this level of application internals, it's going to be difficult to find the issue without having Adobe's source code =)

Your best bet is to run Spy++ or WinMsg and painstakingly examine/compare messaging details, relaying (through parents), and parameters while using the gestures and via other means of accomplishing the desired task. There's no easy solution, beyond finding some other input method that can be sent to Adobe for it to perform the same activity.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  04:39:40  Show Profile
ok Rob . Will see if its in my scope . thanks again. :)
Go to Top of Page

Noesis

25 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2015 :  09:11:11  Show Profile
Hi chandisciple, I was going to suggest using the hotkeys for adobe reader but instead of using ^{PLUS} to use ^{VKEY 107} & ^{VKEY 109} instead (i.e. Numpad Plus & Numpad Minus). As in the past I'm pretty sure ctrl & the normal + & - keys even when invoked manually with the keyboard didn't work but the Numpad ones did). FYI, I say in the past as I just checked and it seems Adobe may have fixed that with the normal +/- keys. Anyway might be worth a shot.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2015 :  06:04:32  Show Profile
Hi Noesis,

Thats a good approach, thanks. But wouldn't help in this case. I want to be able to do real time (dynamic) scrolling. I didn't want to use ^{PLUS} OR ^{VKEY 107} because they increase/decrease the level by one step and the execution is complete.

I want to be able to hold the right button key and roll the scroll bar up and down and see the changes without lifting the right mouse button. But do you think we can use the VKEY in the following command ?

acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL,MK_CONTROL+WHEEL_POS, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)

This works fine on all other applications.

Appreciate your time very much. Thanks .Good day :)

Edited by - chandisciple on 08/13/2015 06:05:23
Go to Top of Page

Noesis

25 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  09:29:54  Show Profile
Not really sure why you are getting that non "dynamic" behavior with the mouse wheel (perhaps ctrl is you're S+ ingnore key ? or there is some other setting you have different to me), as for me the stroke button + wheel acts like that naturally.

Anyway it's possible to use acPostMessage() for keys (don't know if it will actually work though, often depends on the program, especially if it's not the active window). Should be something like this:

wHwnd = acGetWindowByPoint(gsx,gsy)
WM_KEYDOWN = 0x100
WM_KEYUP = 0x101
VK_LCONTROL = 0xA2
VK_NumpadAdd = 0x6B
VK_NumpadSub = 0x6D

acPostMessage(wHwnd,WM_KEYDOWN,VK_LCONTROL,0)
acPostMessage(wHwnd,WM_KEYDOWN,VK_NumpadAdd,0)
acDelay(100) -- May or may not be needed
acPostMessage(wHwnd,WM_KEYUP,VK_NumpadAdd,0)
acPostMessage(wHwnd,WM_KEYUP,VK_LCONTROL,0)

You'll notice the 0 for the lparam field, usually this is fine but more info can be found by looking at the msdn articles for the WM_KEYUP / WM_KEYDOWN messages.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2015 :  04:53:25  Show Profile
i tried this its behaving weird . It performs the zoming action after i let go of the right button . i guess it follows the trail of the button scroll done while holding it. :(
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2015 :  07:52:09  Show Profile
I reinstalled OS and it is working fine now. Thank you all for your efforts.

A grand success eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2015 :  08:47:08  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Interesting. Well, I'm glad it's finally working for you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000