Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Strokeman

33 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  09:45:02  Show Profile
Hello Rob
Hope you are doing well

I have a Logitech Basic Mouse which has got buttons on side of Wheel (no Thumb buttons though) . These buttons dont do anything with usual mouse driver
But after installing official Logitech Set Point software, they work for left and right scroll. See this pic

I am using Windows XP 64 Bit & a power user for Stroke+ for >3 mths (previously using FireGestures for yrs)
I am not sure how i can take advantage of these 2 spare buttons.
I tried checking "Allow Horizontal Mouse wheel tick Script" in preferences but that doesn't do anything and further stops usual vertical wheel scrolling

Further like every button e.g. left, right, middle, x1 , x2, i cant find any such option for these 2 buttons in Mouse/Key modifiers tab

How can i make use of them just like left and middle button?
Thanks as always :)

P.S.
1) These buttons only work till Setpoint software is in tray (i am ok with installed software if this works)
2) I searched and found this http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/24771-mouse-buttons-as-hotkey/ but didn't help

Edited by - Strokeman on 09/28/2014 10:44:27

Strokeman

33 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  12:02:55  Show Profile
Its been months....Bump :(

Anyone?

Edited by - Strokeman on 05/05/2015 12:03:22
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  13:27:36  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
At the most native level, Windows isn't aware of these buttons, that's why the driver software has to be running. So sadly, unless you assign those buttons to a standard Windows button, S+ won't even know they're there...of course, setting them to another button probably doesn't accomplish what you're looking to achieve.

Would you mind providing an example of what it is you'd like to use them for? If you're looking to use them as modifiers, I can tell you right now that isn't possible because the driver software is the one communicating with the mouse; Windows won't relay the buttons as part of the standard mouse hook data passed into S+. Meaning, there's no way for S+ to know these buttons were pressed, short of possibly assigning them to a hot key in SetPoint and creating a hot key in S+ to execute a script when SetPoint sends the hot key; but I cannot guarantee that will work either.
Go to Top of Page

Strokeman

33 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2015 :  17:52:08  Show Profile
Yes rob, my purpose was as modifier button..for stuff which generally has 2 options like zoomin/out, increase/decrease, etc . I am using vertical scroll button modifier but needs more
Sad that it can be used :(

Can you look this over? http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/908/
Can i do something with AHK for that purpose?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Coldang

Peru
12 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  11:21:43  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Strokeman

Sad that it can be used :(

you can use X nouse butomcontrol to remplace to other buttoms like Alt/shift x1 buttom mouse/x2

Im hungry alot
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000