Ignore Key with complete deactivation of Strokes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Christopher

2 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2017 :  18:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Rob,

I am using ScrollNavigator (SN) for my Trackball which gives me a mouse scroll feature. When I have StrokesPlus activated SN isn't working anymore, receiving no input. The Ignore Key doesn't do the trick, only deactivating StrokesPlus completely does.

Could you change the Ignore Key to completely deactivate StrokesPlus as long as it is held?

Would be perfect and I think/hope easy to do :)

All the best,
Christopher

Rob

USA
2388 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  10:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have any of the options in Preferences checked which have "Mouse Wheel" in the description?
Go to Top of Page

Christopher

2 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  03:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

sorry for the late reply. I have all "Mouse Wheel" options unchecked. When I use the Ignore Key ScrollNavigator still isn't responding.

All the best,
Christopher
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2388 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  06:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For all intents and purposes, holding the ignore key does disable S+ from consuming any of the events while the ignore is being held. S+ cannot be completely disabled during this time, or how can it be aware that you're no longer holding the ignore key without also intercepting keyboard input? :)

However, try something as a test to satisfy my curiosity.

Disable or exit S+ completely, then hold the ignore key while trying to use ScrollNavigator.

I have a suspicion that ScrollNavigator might see that you're holding a modifier key and may be ignoring your attempt to scroll. This would make perfect sense from its point of view, since if you're holding a modifier key, it would seem you're trying to do something specific that is outside the realm of ScrollNavigator's purpose.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2017 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000