Temporary disable Ignored List while holding Alt
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spcom

11 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  05:50:05  Show Profile
Hi,

i wanted to know if it is possible to temporary disable the ignored list while holding Alt-/Ctrl-/Shift-Key or any combination of them.

i am using firegestures for firefox and i added firefox to the ignored list, but firegestures is not able to do diagonal gestures, so i wanted to use my global actions with diagonal gestures for firefox too.

best option would be to use the Alt-Key, because in firegestures you can select the option that by pressing the Alt-Key firegestures won't start gestures.
so firegestures and strokes plus would not interfere each other.

thank you.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  11:15:18  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Have you tried utilizing these features added a while back?
Added two ways to do this in 2.8.1.

(Quote from another posting when I added the functionality)

Call acRelayGesture() and/or check the new Relay Gesture on No Match* option in Preferences.

acRelayGesture() explicitly tells S+ to replay the last gesture, while the new option only replays the gesture if there was no match found in the app or Global Actions list (but will redraw it exactly, even if it's not a defined S+ gesture).

So if you have a Global Action which would match, but you want Firegestures to receive it, you'd need to add an action under the Firefox app, using the matching Firegesture pattern and call acRelayGesture().

Other than that, if you have the option enabled and draw either an unknown gesture or there's no matching action found, S+ will replay the mouse sequence.
Go to Top of Page

spcom

11 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  16:01:15  Show Profile
thanks for answering.

i am using strokes plus since 3 days, so i dont know alot about it now.
but i searched the forum with "unignore" but there were no usable finds.

i tried acRelayGesture() and the Relay Gesture on No Match* option, but i dont think i can get used to it, because it feels like a lag and i have some gestures that are very long and with replay it needs too much (nearly twice as much) time to do the action behind the gesture.

so there is no possibility to unignore specific item or all items in the ingored list while key press like i asked for?

p.s.
now all my advanced/experimental options are unchecked.
i dont know for sure if it was because of using acRelayGesture() and the Relay Gesture on No Match* option, but it seems so.

Edited by - spcom on 03/13/2016 16:02:53
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  16:11:23  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I haven't heard anyone else say anything about the preference checkboxes, that is very odd. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to unignore. The best alternative other than calling acRelayGesture in place of the Firegesture actions would be to disable Firegesture and recreate them in S+. Though some functionality might be lost.

In 5 years, you are the only person to ever make this request. Considering how much of a change to the core of S+ it would take to make unignore work, I'm going to have to say I can't add it at this time. It would have a slightly negative affect on performance which would affect all users for very little gain in only one specific scenario. Sorry!
Go to Top of Page

spcom

11 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  13:23:01  Show Profile
no problem.
i just thought that the option maybe already exists and i just can't find it.
thank you for trying to help me.
Go to Top of Page

spcom

11 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2016 :  19:22:37  Show Profile
i dont wanted to start another thread, but is it possible to only ignore a web browser's rendering window (the web page itself) in my case the one of firefox.
if yes how can i do that?
Go to Top of Page

Viceroy

3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  21:12:42  Show Profile
Is there a way to relay scroll gestures via 'Relay Gesture on No Match'? I'm trying to use the built in right-click+scroll tab switch function in a browser (Vivaldi), so I created an app category for just that app with the Relay option enabled, all other gestures seem to be getting relayed properly aside from right-click+scroll. I made sure I didn't have any scroll wheel Global actions defined as well.

I also attempted using acRelayGesture() as an action for the app, setting modifier check to 'either' and mouse/key modifier up or down, didn't seem to relay either. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000