General Discussion
 Surface Pro pen strokes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Atticus21

9 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2018 :  02:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a strokesplus user for a long time. SP and phraseexpress combo is awesome. But my new Surface Pro by Microsoft has me confused. I can not right mouse click and drag with the pen to initiate StrokesPlus. I can with a mouse. I can with the trackpad (awkward). I can with my finger (awkward). I could with my older model Surface 3. Anyone have a suggestion? Clicking the button to right click works fine but not the drag part. I called Microsoft and a nice lady had no clue. She was going to call me back with a solution but never called.

Any help?
And Surface Pro users out there with the new 1 button pen?
Thanks,
Phillip

Rob

USA
2514 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2018 :  09:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have a Surface available to me to test, so I'm completely unfamiliar with the possible mitigation strategies.

However, just out of curiosity, would you mind trying the new version of S+ that's still in early development to see if you have the same issue?

https://forum.strokesplus.net/posts/m1-Alpha-Download-and-Information

I suspect it may not matter, since it's more about how the pen is communicating the mouse events, but I figured it's worth a try.

Also, if you right-click the tray icon and select Toggle Floater, that will give you a touch/pen friendly floating dot on which you can touch the pen and draw (like you're holding down the stroke button).

Double-click the floater to show separate Control/Alt/Shift floaters. This simulates holding one of those keys. For example, you have an action that is holding the Control key while performing a gesture. If you draw a gesture starting at the Control floater, it will perform the Control+(gesture). Double-tap Control/Alt/Shift floaters to toggle them on and off if you wanted to perform multiple like Control+Alt+(gesture).

Triple-tap a floater to bring up the floater's right-click menu. Long-press and hold to move the floater (also an option available in the popup menu)

Don't feel like you have to test the new version, but I figured I'd offer it as an option to try since I really can't help with a Surface pen related issue.
Go to Top of Page

Atticus21

9 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2018 :  15:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YOU ARE AWESOME!
I love the new Floater button. It gives me what I need. I still will right click and drag my pen from muscle memory but having the Floating Button as a starting point and using the pen is great. Super idea.

Looks very very promising.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000