General Discussion
 Surface Pro pen strokes
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Atticus21

9 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2018 :  02:12:52  Show Profile
I have been a strokesplus user for a long time. SP and phraseexpress combo is awesome. But my new Surface Pro by Microsoft has me confused. I can not right mouse click and drag with the pen to initiate StrokesPlus. I can with a mouse. I can with the trackpad (awkward). I can with my finger (awkward). I could with my older model Surface 3. Anyone have a suggestion? Clicking the button to right click works fine but not the drag part. I called Microsoft and a nice lady had no clue. She was going to call me back with a solution but never called.

Any help?
And Surface Pro users out there with the new 1 button pen?
Thanks,
Phillip

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2018 :  09:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I don't have a Surface available to me to test, so I'm completely unfamiliar with the possible mitigation strategies.

However, just out of curiosity, would you mind trying the new version of S+ that's still in early development to see if you have the same issue?

https://forum.strokesplus.net/posts/m1-Alpha-Download-and-Information

I suspect it may not matter, since it's more about how the pen is communicating the mouse events, but I figured it's worth a try.

Also, if you right-click the tray icon and select Toggle Floater, that will give you a touch/pen friendly floating dot on which you can touch the pen and draw (like you're holding down the stroke button).

Double-click the floater to show separate Control/Alt/Shift floaters. This simulates holding one of those keys. For example, you have an action that is holding the Control key while performing a gesture. If you draw a gesture starting at the Control floater, it will perform the Control+(gesture). Double-tap Control/Alt/Shift floaters to toggle them on and off if you wanted to perform multiple like Control+Alt+(gesture).

Triple-tap a floater to bring up the floater's right-click menu. Long-press and hold to move the floater (also an option available in the popup menu)

Don't feel like you have to test the new version, but I figured I'd offer it as an option to try since I really can't help with a Surface pen related issue.
Go to Top of Page

Atticus21

9 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2018 :  15:49:30  Show Profile
YOU ARE AWESOME!
I love the new Floater button. It gives me what I need. I still will right click and drag my pen from muscle memory but having the Floating Button as a starting point and using the pen is great. Super idea.

Looks very very promising.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000