New Bugs
 Setting window is not showing, latest, WIN10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fahadismailtcig

3 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2018 :  08:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed strokes plus recently, configured some gestures in settings and they were working fine. Then I restarted my PC after some days and now can't open the settings windows. Stroke Plus is running fine and the gestures I defined are also working fine.

If I force close the program from task manager and then open again it restarts correctly and gestures work fine but settings window won't open.

I am unable to define any new gestures, any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Rob

USA
2580 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2018 :  08:19:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try right clicking the tray icon and clicking the Actions menu item. Then, without clicking anywhere else, press Alt+Space and press M (Move), then move the keyboard arrow keys a couple times, then move the mouse.

I'm wondering if the window is off the screen, as I can't think of any other reason you wouldn't be able to see the window.
Go to Top of Page

fahadismailtcig

3 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2018 :  15:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention earlier, the tray icon is also not there but the strange thing is that the gestures are working fine.

I have tried some other silly things my small brain can think of :P,
  • Tried installing the 32bit version of software (2.8)
  • Tried some previous versions(2.7)
  • Tried to run in compatibility mode (win7, win8), run as admin etc.

Nothing seems to work,

Is it possible that some configuration files are messing with it, like first time I installed I might have changed some setting that messed it up or maybe I can try deleting all entries from windows registry, what comes to your mind.

P.S, I created mouse click + swap right to switch active windows and mouse click + swipe up to show all open windows and it saves me a lot of time and have ideas for some more shortcuts but stuck right now :(
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2580 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2018 :  08:35:02  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you happen to accidentally hide the tray icon? I think the default config has a hotkey defined of CTRL+SHIFT+WIN+S which calls acToggleTrayIcon().

That function toggles whether the tray icon is visible, its value is reflected in the StrokesPlus.xml config file as <TrayIconVisible>1</TrayIconVisible> (0 [zero] would mean it's hidden).
Go to Top of Page

fahadismailtcig

3 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2018 :  08:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Thank you it's back.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000