New Bugs
 Modifier key gets stuck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Surenpahlav

12 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  02:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something happened a few days ago with windows that made this happen, probably a windows update. When I gesture something, sometimes the modifier keys get stuck on down state. I have to press the Alt or Ctrl key to be able to use my keyboard again.

This happened before with not just S+, but also with Autohotkey scripts, and basically every other hotkey setting app I have, but very seldom. These few days it happens like 7 out of 10 times when i use gestures.

Rob

USA
2584 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  14:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To be honest, I would try a different keyboard before spending any time troubleshooting.
I have had keyboards do this before, and mice where the button switch triggers multiple clicks near instantly when pressing the button down.
Go to Top of Page

Surenpahlav

12 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  10:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried another keyboard as you suggested, sadly the same thing happens randomly.

Something that's new this time around, as in when this all started a couple of weeks ago, is that the context menu sometimes pops up when gesturing. It happens after the gesture is finished. But this is much less of an annoyance than the freezing of the modifier down states.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2584 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2019 :  10:22:02  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Might also try a different mouse.

Something funky is going on, but the code hasn't changed in years, so it would seem something else is going on.

That's a tough one to troubleshoot, for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Surenpahlav

12 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2019 :  16:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tested it with an identical mouse which I borrowed from my mom (Logitech g900). All the issues went away. There was a new problem with it too, hitting the back button would go back twice. But anyway even this got fixed with the other mouse.

However my own mouse didn't have any problems in my mom's PC. None of the issues happened there.

Turns out deleting the mouse profiles in logitech's driver (LGS) and redoing them fixes this issue.

I always have had the problem of modifier keys getting stuck on down state though, even before I got this mouse. But it happened seldom, not like this time.

Anyway the problem is fixed, thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000